Approximately one-third of patients with an acute cardiac emergency conditions die without medical attention within few hours of the onset of their first symptoms, and a large proportion of these deaths are due to potentially reversible factors. A high percentage of these patients die before reaching the hospital.
Effective management of such patients can only be achieved by training the doctors
in community resuscitation schemes and prevention programs by special training and
education in dealing with cardiac emergencies. In this course we have concise and
relevant evidence-based guidelines relating to the management of common cardiac
emergencies for doctors working in cardiology units, general medical units, intensive
care units and related areas like accident and emergency departments.
Our attempt has been to provide better understanding and more effective learning
by using multimedia-based animations, videos and interactive drug tables.
This course is affiliated to Martin Luther Christian University.
- Post Graduate Students in Medical Specialties
- 6 months online
- One week optional contact program with cardiologists of Apollo Hospitals at the end of the course
This course has eleven modules which deal with the following topics:
- Approach to Chest pain
- Approach to Heart Failure
- Cardiac Emergency Management
- Ischaemic Heart Disease
- Approach to Cardiogenic Shock
- Common arrhythmias not associated with acute MI
- Non-Ischaemic Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Acute Aortic Disease
- Acute Pulmonary Edema
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Emergencies in Hypertension & Hypotension
The course material is available both online and offline. An ID and Password is provided to access the course content and online assessments. A CD with multimedia-rich content is also provided along with printed study material. Additional value added services like e-mail articles, journal articles etc. will be provided periodically. Assessments and doubts clarification is also provided during the course.
The registrants shall complete all the internal assessments online before the contact program. The final examination will be held after completion of the online study at the end of contact program. It is mandatory to obtain a minimum of 50% marks to clear an evaluation. The course is certified by Apollo Hospitals Educational and Research Foundation & Medvarsity.
- Course material developed by experienced specialists from Apollo hospitals.
- Convenient to take the course as it is online - any time anywhere learning.
- No need to dislocate yourself from existing practice & place of work as the course is available both online & offline.
- Course material containing animations, videos, images and interactive drug tables which are useful for ready reference and to explain various concepts and conditions provided in a CD.
- Contact program by subject experts from Apollo Hospitals.
Dr. Manoj Agarwal M.D., D.M., PGI (Chandigarh)
Consultant Cardiologist, Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Rs. 30,000 in single installment or 1st installment of Rs. 20,000 and 2nd installment of Rs. 15,555. Payable in favour of Medvarsity online limited.
ABOUT MEDVARSITY ONLINE LIMITED
Medvarsity, India's first virtual medical educational portal was established in April 2000 as a joint venture by Apollo Hospitals & NIIT. Medvarsity in association with Apollo Hospitals conducts online courses for medical & paramedical community. Medvarsity offers its courses in collaboration with reputed bodies like Royal College of General Practitioners and Apollo Hospitals Educational and Research Foundation, IRDA Etc.
ABOUT APOLLO HOSPITAL EDUCATIONAL & RESEARCH FOUNDATION
Apollo Hospital Educational & Research Foundation (AHERF) Conducts other educational and training programs including Nursing, Physiotherapy, Emergency Medicine, Surgery, Anesthesiology and MAsters Degree in Hospital Administration.