''Diploma in Emergency Medicine'' is a one year program designed to train students with an international standard of training in emergency care.
This course is conducted by Medvarsity and AHERF (Apollo Hospitals Educational and Research Foundation) in association with Royal Liverpool Academy, UK.
- To understand the organization of Emergency Medical Services.
- To establish and maintain clinical knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to quickly assess and manage emergencies.
- To perform a complete and appropriate assessment of acutely ill patients, i.e. a well-organized history and physical examination.
- To select appropriate investigations, including laboratory and diagnostic imaging, with careful attention to patient safety, diagnostic utility and cost, and interpret the results accurately and within their clinical context.
- Differential diagnosis of common illnesses presenting to emergency department.
- To be familiar with the equipment and drugs used in emergencies and use therapeutic interventions in a safe, effective, appropriate and timely manner.
- Demonstrate proficient and appropriate use of procedural skills, both diagnostic and therapeutic.
- Learning to establish good patient-doctor relationships in the acute care settings.
- MBBS graduates with MCI registration
- One year
- Emergency Medicine Department
- Airway Management
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Management of Shock
- Neurological Emergencies
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Surgical Emergencies
- Orthopedic Emergencies
- Trauma Emergencies
- Obstetric and Gynecologic Emergencies
- Pediatric emergencies
- Wound Assessment and Management
- Local Anesthetics and Anesthesia
- Analgesia in Emergency Room
- Chronic Pain Management
- Emergency Department Imaging
- Otolaryngologic Emergencies
- Ophthalmic Emergencies
- Endocrine Emergencies
- Acid Base and Electrolytes
- Bites and Stings
- Dive Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Urogenital Emergencies
- Transfusion Emergencies
- Hepato Biliary Emergencies
- Psychiatric Emergencies
- Legal Aspects of Emergency Medicare
- MCQ based Online module-wise assessment
- A minimum of 60% is required in the first two modules to be eligible for the 12 months contact program at any one of the Accredited Apollo Hospitals.
- Final Examination:
- Paper 1 - Theory (100 marks)
- Paper 2 - MCQ's (200 marks)
- To be eligible for the final exam, the candidate should have successfully completed all the module tests and the contact program.
- Viva - To be conducted by a panel of examiners consisting of The Royal Liverpool Academy representative, an internal examiner and an external examiner. The Royal Liverpool Academy representative would be the overall assessor and accreditor.
- On successful completion of the final exam, completion of the log book and having a minimum of 90% attendance in theory and clinical sessions, the students will be awarded the ''Diploma in Emergency Medicine'' jointly by Medvarsity and The Royal Liverpool Academy
Rs. 1,40,000 (One time Payment) or During the time of admission Rs.60,000, 1st Installment after 3 months Rs.40,000 and 2nd Instalment after 9months Rs.40,000 payable in favour of Medvarsity online limited. Examination Fee 250 pounds payable to RLA.
- Call 1800 425 6066 (9am to 8pm)
- Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12 months contact program in which the candidate will be posted with emergency departments in accredited hospitals to gain a first-hand experience under the expertise of trained Emergency Medicine specialists.
- Centers: Hyderabad, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Bhubaneswar, Pune, Ahmedabad, Mysore, Bilaspur, Visakhapatnam, Kakinada, Karimnagar, Ludhiana, Madurai, Trichy, Guwahati
Royal Liverpool Academy : The Royal Liverpool Academy is the education wing and centre of the Royal Liverpool & Broadgreen University Hospitals Trust. It is one of the largest University Teaching Hospitals in the UK and has one of the largest Emergency Department and throughput. It is one of the primary sites where medical education is delivered through the University of Liverpool and one of the main partners of Liverpool Health Partners, the Academic Health Sciences System for Liverpool, UK.