''Diploma in Family Medicine'' is a one year program which includes 9 months of online study and 3 months of contact program at any one of the accredited Apollo Hospitals across India.
Family medicine is a medical specialty devoted to comprehensive health care for people of all ages. It is a division of primary care that provides continuing and integrated health care for the individual and family across all ages, genders, diseases, and parts of the body.
This ''Diploma in Family Medicine'' course by Medvarsity has been specifically designed, in collaboration with the RCGP, UK, so as to provide a solid foundation to aspiring General Practitioners, on the diagnosis and treatment of the common medical cases encountered, as well as imparting the necessary skills required for them to be effective in their General Practice. The fact that most students would prefer to continue in their daily practice, without too much interference, has been carefully considered, while drawing up the program, so as to be of maximum benefit to these individuals.
- To be able to identify and manage basic medical cases that a general practitioner might encounter in regular clinical practice, with the adoption of a problem- solving approach.
- To be able to identify danger signs in a patient at the earliest, in order to facilitate urgent referral.
- To develop the necessary interpersonal skills required in communicating with patients from all types of backgrounds, as well as the ability to impart appropriate health education wherever necessary.
- To possess adequate knowledge of computers and their application in clinical practice.
- MBBS graduates with MCI registration
- 9 months of online study
- 3 months contact program
The various aspects of general practice are covered in 13 modules.
- The Principles of Family Medicine
- Child and Adolescent Health
- Women's Health
- Adult Medicine
- Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine
- Sexually Related Problems
- Psychiatry in Family Practice
- Surgery in Family Practice
- Emergency Medicine
- Problems of Skin
- Medical Audit and its Administration
- Certification of Cause of Death
- MCQ based Online module-wise assessment
- A minimum of 60% is required in the module tests to be eligible for the 3 months contact program at any one of the Accredited Apollo Hospitals.
- Final Examination:
- Paper 1 - Theory (100 marks)
- Paper 2 - MCQ's (200 marks)
- To be eligible for the final exam, the candidate should have successfully completed all the module tests and the contact program.
- Viva - To be conducted by a panel of examiners consisting of The RCGP representative, an internal examiner and an external examiner. The RCGP representative would be the overall assessor and accreditor.
- On successful completion of the final exam, completion of the log book and having a minimum of 90% attendance in theory and clinical sessions, the students will be awarded the ''Diploma in Family Medicine'' jointly by Medvarsity and The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP).
Rs. 1,25,000 (One time Payment) or During the time of admission Rs.60,000, 1st Installment after 3 months Rs.40,000 and 2nd Instalment after 9months Rs.25,000 payable in favour of Medvarsity online limited.
- Call 1800 425 6066 (9am to 8pm)
- Mail email@example.com
- 3 months of contact program during which the candidate will be posted in various departments on a rotational basis.
- Centers: Hyderabad, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Bhubaneswar, Ahmedabad, Pune, Mysore, Bilaspur, Ludhiana, Madurai, Trichy.
Royal College of General Practitioners: The (UK) Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP), which is the leading academic institution in UK for family medicine, and Apollo Hospitals Group have had an educational collaboration over many years, with RCGP jointly accrediting courses run by Apollo.