|Eligibility and Fee Details|
Healthcare Industry in India has registered tremendous growth in recent years. By 2012, India's healthcare sector is projected to grow to nearly $40 billion. The demand for quality healthcare is going to further increase with the increased awareness about health resulting in phenomenal growth of hospitals across the country. The corporate hospitals and other agencies will play an important role in the current scenario. Therefore, there is a need for professionally trained pool of hospital administrators who can manage and deliver quality healthcare services.
This program focuses on providing
- Strong conceptual and technical knowledge in management to medical and non medical professionals
- Cutting-edge inputs in the area of hospital operations, using latest pedagogy, to refine and sharpen skills
- Prepare qualified and efficient administrators to manage hospitals
- Professionals seeking careers in Healthcare Management
- Executives working for Hospitals and Healthcare services vertical
- Professionals who have completed their education in Medicine, Pharma or Allied sciences, seeking to add management concepts to their knowledge base
Medvarsity, India's first Medical e-learning venture was established in April 2000, and launched its official online portal www.medvarsity.com in October 2000. It is an initiative by Apollo Hospitals Group, the leader in healthcare in Asia Pacific Region, having the first JCI accredited hospital in India. Medvarsity has already entered into MOUs with four medical colleges and has nearly 2500 medical students and doctors registered on its platform.
For more information visit http://www.medvarsity.com
Program Directors: Dr P Srinivasa Rao (Head – Operations, Medvarsity Online Ltd) and Dr Himabindu (Manager – Content Development, Medvarsity Online Ltd) Industry experts will conduct this program.
Program Structure & Contents (Applicants are advised to go through the Detailed Program Contents at http://bit.ly/pgdhomsdpc)
- Business Communication
- Quantitative Techniques for Management
- Understanding a Healthcare Organization
- Marketing Healthcare Services
- CRM in Healthcare
- Information Technology in Healthcare
- Accounting and Financial Management in Healthcare
- Planning for Healthcare Service Delivery
- Healthcare Operations Management
- Healthcare Laws & Medical Ethics
- Logistics in Healthcare
- Quality Management in Healthcare
- Strategic Management
- Risk and Disaster Management
- Evaluation by: Medvarsity
- Evaluation Structure: Module end examinations
- Evaluation Mode: Evaluation to be done as an Online Assessment
The final decision on evaluation methods rests with the program faculty and may change without prior intimation. Based on the performance in the assessments, participants are awarded grades (Excellent, Good, Average, Poor) in every module.
Participants with poor grades in not more than two modules will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’ in Post Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Operations Management. Participants with more than 2 poor grades but fulfilling all other qualifying criteria will receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’. Certificates shall be issued jointly by Apollo Hospitals Education and Research Foundation (AHERF), Medvarsity and NIIT Imperia. Students not fulfilling the attendance criteria or having incomplete grades will not be awarded any certificate.
The Post Graduate Diploma is awarded by Medvarsity and is not recognized by AICTE/UGC or other government bodies.
The pedagogy followed will be a blend of instructor led classes with case studies, projects and assignments, online learning and hospital visits.
Program Design and Duration
- Duration: One year
- Frequency: Once a week
- Delivery: Through classes at NIIT Imperia Centre for Advanced Learning in your city using Synchronous Learning Technology platform In addition, there will be mandatory 6-day hospital modules at Apollo Hospitals during the program
- Graduates / Diploma Holders in any stream
Eligible applicants will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Healthcare Management Aptitude Test (HMAT) to be conducted by NIIT Imperia, together with the assessment of background and motivation (Statement of Purpose-Annexure I of the application form) based on the application form submitted. Selected applicants need to resubmit the latest proof of current employment at the time of registration.
Candidates will be eligible for placement support on successful completion of the program subject to meeting academic and placement norms as defined by Medvarsity.
Fees and Payment Schedule
- Program Fee: Rs 1,50,000/- plus 12.36% Service Tax
- The fee above is inclusive of all academic charges, examinations, textbooks, study material
- All fees are non-refundable. Fees can be paid by cash or cheque/demand draft drawn in favour of ‘Medvarsity Online Limited’
- A deferred payment facility exists with the following schedule:
- With Application# Rs 11,000/-
- On Registration Rs 56,180/-
- Instalment 1 Rs 34,120/-
- Instalment 2 Rs 34,120/-
- Instalment 3 Rs 34,120/-
(Students are to submit the PDCs towards future instalments as per the due date at the time of registration).
#Initial payment will be refunded completely if the applicant is not selected for the program. This does not include the application amount of Rs 1000/-.
Initial payment will not be refunded in case of any/all of the following conditions:
- The application is found to be incomplete or inaccurate at any stage of scrutiny
- The applicant is offered a seat for the program and does not join before the date mentioned in the offer letter It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in all respects. The selection offer letter is for a specific batch of a program. Neither the offer for admission nor the initial amount is transferable to any other program or batch.
Up to 90% of the Program Fee can be availed as Customised Education Loan from leading banks to enable the participants to spread the repayment over a period of 36 months. However, the applicant shall be eligible for bank loans as per the concerned bank norms. Neither NIIT Imperia nor the Institute will be held responsible for any delay in disbursement of the bank loan.
How to Apply
- Visit www.niitimperia.com to fill the application form online
- Application forms can be obtained from local NIIT Imperia Centres/Medvarsity centers or downloaded from www.niitimperia.com/ www.medvarsity.com
Application fee of Rs 1000/- and initial amount of Rs 10,000/- is payable at the time of application submission
- Dr P Srinivasa Rao (Head – Operations, Medvarsity Online Ltd)
- Dr Himabindu (Manager – Content Development, Medvarsity Online Ltd)