Medvarsity & ILAMED collaboratively offer a comprehensive course (PGDMC) PG Diploma in Medical Cosmetology
Medvarsity, India’s first Medical e-learning venture was established in April 2000. It is an initiative by Apollo Hospitals Group, the leader in healthcare in Asia Pacific Region, having the first JCI accredited hospital in India.
The Institute of Laser & Aesthetic Medicine (ILAMED) was created with the motto “Excellence in Knowledge”, stemming from the vision of its founder Dr. Ajay Rana, who laid down the foundations for a world-class institute. ILAMED is providing trainings to professionals and bridging the knowledge and research gap between East and West in the challenging field of Laser & Aesthetic Medicine.
ILAMED is Recognised by and Affiliated to the University of Greifswald, Germany (www.unigreifswald. de) and AICTE approved. ILAMED’s faculty is composed of internationally renowned Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons, and boasts of international Faculty members from Germany, France, Italy, USA, South Korea and UAE.
Since its inception in 2009, ILAMED has successfully trained an important number of Cosmetologists/Physicians/Dermatologists/Plastic-Surgeons/Maxillo-Facial Surgeons who have now established themselves as leading physicians in Aesthetic Medicine in the country.
Why Study Medical Cosmetology
‘Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder’, a famous Shakespearean phrase, evokes the external and internal beauty of a human being. From well-groomed men to vivacious teens and women, everyone has realised the importance of looking their best in today’s day and age. Increasing demands for cosmetic procedures are a sure shot sign that cosmetology as a career is gaining a lot of importance.
Amazing non-invasive technologies have now brought the science to another level. Medical Cosmetology is a new super specialised field of medicine that enables qualified doctors to assist everyone in achieving their external beauty.
The specialisation encompasses skin treatments that include Lasers for scars, acne, wrinkles, dark spots, that require medical expertise. Treatments like Botox® and fillers are also performed by medical cosmetologists.
- Empower Physicians and Professionals with the tools needed for the practice of the art of Laser & Cosmetology through an up-to-date and academically sound approach to teaching modules.
- Instill not only theoretical and technical skills in students but also confidence and passion for the discipline of Laser & Cosmetology.
- Give students the means to become professionals who are immediately operational on the market and also able to set up their own practice.
The basic requirement to practice medical cosmetology is a medical degree from any reputed medical college. Dermatologists, physicians, dentists & non - allopathics with a diploma or master’s degree in dermatology, may also practice medical cosmetology. After completing a medical degree, candidates may undergo a training/ certification programme in order to become a specialist .
Duration & Assessment
6 Months online study including 2 weeks of intensive hands-on training by ILAMED. Courses are offered online through e-learning with some laboratory-based skills assessments. This means that students can expand and consolidate their skills within their own clinical settings. Assessment for these specialist courses is by online submission of objective structured clinical examination at Medvarsity and Viva-Voice & MCQ examination by ILAMED.
Onetime Payment – Rs. 50,000/- (Along with application)
Instalments – Rs. 26,000/- (Along with application)
Rs.26,000/- (within 90 days from the date of commencement of course)
Cosmetic Medicine industry is booming exponentially in India with subsequent need of more trained professionals in this field. This speciality is not restricted to classes like earlier times but asked more and more by masses also. You would seek work with a cosmetic medical practice in a clinic or hospital or can set-up your own practice.
|Module - 1||Module - 2|
Medvarsity & ILAMED offer you
- Training for beginners and advanced practitioners.
- Training by faculty whom are experts in their respective fields & Education and advice from leading experts in cosmetology.
- Real time intensive hands on training on real patients.
- Physicians will be equipped with latest international techniques, technologies and pharmaceuticals in cosmetology.
- Non-biased, evidence-based medical curriculum.
- Best practices for patient selection, pre and post treatment precautions, informed consent, treatment alternatives, complication prevention and management.
- The trainee can be considered to be “Clinical Cosmetologist” on completion of the course.