Fellowship in Intensive Care Medicine
- 6 Months course
- Live lectures and webinars by renowned clinicians
- Structured clinical training by subject experts
- Rotational internship
Certification by AHERF & Medvarsity
Clinical training at multiple hospitals
Foundation course in intensive care
Designed for working doctors with some intensive face-to face teaching sessions
The Fellowship in Intensive Care Medicine course is designed to help the medical graduates acquire knowledge on the functioning of intensive care units, the technology used in intensive care units and to manage complex clinical problems and diseases encountered in the intensive care unit.
This course is designed for working doctors who intend to develop their knowledge in intensive care medicine. Any MBBS graduate registered with a State Medical Council or the Medical council of India (MCI) is eligible to take this course.
This course is certified by Apollo Hospitals Educational and Research Foundation & Medvarsity
- 230 Hrs (Learning Content)
- 2 Weeks (Live Virtual Classes)
Apollo Hospitals Education and Research Foundation
- Is this course recognized by MCI?
- Medical Council of India does not recognize courses that are offered through online or blended learning platform. In collaboration with Royal Liverpool Academy, we provide you with the best state-of-the art learning content with an endeavor to train you to become well-equipped and proficient in management of diabetes through this course.
- Is there any hands on training for the Fellowship in Intensive Care Medicine Course?
- The Fellowship in Intensive Care Medicine Course includes 2 weeks of clinical practice. During this 2 weeks period, the student is deployed at one of our partner hospitals (based on location preference). The students may earn a stipend paid by the hospital partner during this period based on hospital partner's policies. The student will also have access to an on-ground facilitator to support their learning progress. Medvarsity doesn't guarantee a stipend payout for any of our courses.
- Can I get a Government Job with this added qualification?
- You can apply anywhere as per your wish after completion of the program. This added qualification will make you a better health care provider. Selection in government job is mostly dependent on set criteria on which Medvarsity has no control or opinion.
- Can I submit my certificates at a later date after enrollment or can I enroll by providing my provisional certificates?
- Certificates are a proof of your previous educational background check thus will be required for the enrollment. However in case of any difficulty you may give a written undertaking to that effect for providing the certificates within the stipulated time frame.
- Are there any prerequisites for joining this course?
- Most Medvarsity students are required to meet minimum criteria of having completed their MBBS with Internship. They should have MCI / State Medical Council registration to be eligible for the course.
- What are the prerequisites for an international student?
- An international medical graduate should apply for a provisional certification to MCI / State Medical Council prior to admission to this course. Our guidance counselors will be able to provide more information on the same.
- How to access the course material online?
- To access the course, click on the "Learn" button on the top right of this page using the login ID and password provided to you. In case you don't have access to login ID and password, write to us at email@example.com & quote your registered email ID.
- What if I am unable to open the Medvarsity website?
- How do I access my course?
- My User ID and Password isn't working on the LMS.
- You will be issued a new user ID and password on completion of the registration process. The user ID created for your registration process will not work on our LMS.
- Is the contact program mandatory for completion of course?
- Any contact program provides a student with an opportunity to learn clinical hands-on techniques and skills that are helpful in the practice of the discipline. It is therefore recommended that you opt for contact program.
- What if I am unable to attend the contact program at the scheduled dates?
- You can attend the next scheduled contact program upon information and concurrence by your program coordinator.
- Can I choose the center where I wish to attend the contact program?
- You will be required to attend the contact program at the nearest prescribed center where you are assigned. Shifting of Contact Program Center is not advisable because for each of such facilities Medvarsity has to assign a Mentor Specialist based on number of students at the assigned Contact Program Center.
- Will there be arrangements for lodging and boarding provided for students during the Contact Program in case their contact center is out of station from their hometown?
- You will have to make your own arrangements for boarding and lodging. We can provide assistance in finding an accommodation, but the expenses are to be borne by the student.
- How will I be assessed during and at the end of the course?
- You will be assessed through MCQ based online assessment at the end of each module. At the end of the course, you will take the Final Examination (MCQ based online assessment) and viva examination.
- What is the criterion for being eligible for the Final Examination?
- You should have passed MCQ based online assessment of each module with a minimum of 60% marks. Then only you can take the Final Examination.
- How do I appear for the MCQ based online Examination at the end of each module?
- You have to login into our LMS at lms.medvarsity.com or www.apolloknowledge.com using your user ID and password, and then proceed with the examination as follows:
- Click on My courses and then click on learn option. Here you will find various options like case discussions, videos, animations, eBook, assessment etc. Click on take assessment and read all the instructions carefully
- Click on it and then click on to start exam and your exam will begin
- Every 60 seconds page gets deactivated, hence it is important that you refresh the page time and again.
- What if I am not able to clear the module tests in the first attempt?
- If you are not able to clear the module test in the first attempt, you can always take a second attempt to clear your module tests.
- What if I am not able to clear the module tests in the second attempt?
- You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting for another attempt by paying a reactivation fee.
- How many attempts do I have for the final exam?
- One attempt
- What if I do not clear the final examination?
- You can attempt the exam again by paying the applicable reactivation fee.
- What if I feel that a question is wrongly framed or an answer is wrongly marked in the online exams?
- If you feel that something is wrongly mentioned, you can write at email@example.com, directing it to the academics team.
- While attempting the online exam, what if there is a power cut or the internet gets disconnected?
- If at all there is a power cut or your internet gets disconnected, there is nothing to worry. When you login again, you can continue your test from the point where you had stopped.
- What if I am not able to complete the course within the duration?
- You will have to send a request to the CRM team to extend your course and pay the applicable reactivation.
- Do you provide any placement assistance?
- We do not provide any placement guarantee as an outcome of the course. On a case to case basis we will introduce your profile to specific recruiting partners but no job guarantee is provided.
- What if I have any concerns regarding the program delivery or what if I have any suggestions to improve the quality of the course?
- For any feedback regarding the course, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Statutory taxes and levies not included. Taxes will be applied on checkout. Rates may vary based on management discretion.