- Unique problem-solving approach to manage medical cases in regular clinical practice
- Ability to identify danger signs in a patient at the earliest and make appropriate referrals
- Protocol-based approach and rational prescription and investigations
- Develop necessary interpersonal skills to communicate with and educate patients
Fellowship in Family Medicine
- 193 hours of learning content
- 12-weeks of clinical training
- Live case discussions with specialists through online webinars
- Course certified by Medvarsity
The Fellowship in Family Medicine course aims at developing competent family physicians who will understand the patient in the context of family and community who can provide a continuous, coordinated, comprehensive and cost-effective care. This course will enable students to develop their skills for recognizing the common medical conditions, making timely appropriate referral, doing effective consultation and counselling.
This course is aimed at doctors interested in pursuing a career in family practice and is relevant to doctors of all backgrounds and experience from early career doctors to doctors established in other specialities. All MBBS graduates registered with a State Medical Council or the Medical Council of India are eligible to take this course.
Family Medicine is emerging as a viable career option for medical graduates in India. This course will prepare the doctors explore career opportunities in hospitals, clinics, home health organizations and primary & community-based healthcare organizations.
What you will learn?
• The Principles of Family Medicine
• Child and Adolescent Health
• Women’s Health
• Adult Medicine
• Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine
• Sexually Related Problems
• Psychiatry in Family Practice
• Surgery in Family Practice
• Emergency Medicine
• Problems of Skin
• Medical Audit and its Administration
• Certification of Cause of Death
• MCQ based online module-wise assessments.
• A minimum of 60% is required in the module tests to be eligible for 3-months contact program at any one of our partner hospitals.
• To be eligible for the final exam, the candidate should have successfully completed all the module tests and the contact program.
• Theory: MCQ based online examination
• Viva: To be conducted by a panel of examiners.
Course validity: 14 months. There will be an extra charge on the extension of the course validity.
On successful completion of the final exam along with the log book with 90% attendance in clinical training, the student will be awarded the ‘Fellowship in Family Medicine’ certification by Medvarsity.
- Course Duration1 Year 193 minutes of learning content
- Next Batch Date3rd February 2020