Fellowship in Family Medicine
- The interactive case-based approach provides students with active learning opportunities
- Access to books and videos from McGraw Hill (R)
- AFPI lifetime membership allows access to AFPI network and knowledge base
- 1-month contact program gives a clinical perspective to theory
- 1-day interactive training on "Management of Hypertension – Practice Essentials"
Fellowship in Family Medicine
The interactive case-based approach provides students with active learning opportunities
Access to books and videos from McGraw Hill (R)
AFPI lifetime membership allows access to AFPI network and knowledge base
1-month contact program gives a clinical perspective to theory
1-day interactive training on "Management of Hypertension – Practice Essentials"
- Course Duration 1 Year
- Next Batch Date4th Jul 2022
The “Fellowship in Family Medicine” is designed by eminent faculties in the field of family medicine for doctors like you who are interested in working at a busy clinic or hospital.
Family physicians are in charge of the patient as a whole and ensure comprehensive patient care. They understand the patient in the context of both the family and community. The family physician coordinates the treatments given by different specialists and can provide a ‘single window clearance’ for all healthcare needs of an individual, thereby improving trust in the doctor.
The “Fellowship in Family Medicine” course incorporates live virtual classes, case studies, and expert talks to give a clinical perspective to theory. After you complete the course, you will be placed in a 1-month contact program in a reputed hospital, allowing you to gain training and hands-on experience under the supervision of distinguished faculty.
The “Fellowship in Family Medicine” is accredited by the Academy of Family Physicians of India (AFPI). All successful students will be awarded a lifetime membership of AFPI, granting them access to the AFPI network and their knowledge base.
Learning complex medical concepts in the traditional didactic textbook and lecture format can be alienating for students. It prevents the opportunity to apply this knowledge clinically.
Fellowship in Family Medicine incorporates a Case-Based Learning Approach within the Medvarsity Learning Framework to address this gap in medical education. With this unique methodology, students consume relevant medical content while learning concepts through interactive case studies spread throughout the course. Thus, students are provided with relevant specialty-specific cases and a clear structure for precise diagnosis and customized treatment plans on a case-to-case basis.
Additionally, we’ve partnered with McGraw Hill to ensure that the students are exposed to relevant and credible content with the latest advances in the course specialty through a variety of case studies, books, videos, and other learning materials. This is the future of online education, especially for healthcare professionals.
We at Medvarsity strive to equip every physician with the ability to fast-track their career and enable them to better serve the communities in which they practice. Join us and let us impact healthcare through education.
Interactive training: (Click the below link to know more about the training)
Participating and completing this course would allow you to manage hypertension effectively at a primary level.
AHA-certified Basic Life Support (BLS) & Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS): Participating and completing this AHA-certified course would allow you to provide “Basic and Advanced Life Support” along with prioritizing chest compressions and effective initial care.
Eligibility: MBBS graduates
Course Validity: 13 months. There will be an extra charge for the extension of the course validity.
On successful completion of all online module-wise assessments and the final assessment, the student will be awarded the ‘Fellowship in Family Medicine’ certificate by Medvarsity, endorsed by the Academy of Family Physicians of India (AFPI).
- Course Duration 1 Year
- Next Batch Date4th Jul 2022
1. Introduction to Family Medicine
2. Medical and Surgical Emergencies
3. Adult Medicine
4. Child Health
5. Obstetrics and Gynecology
6. Infectious, Emerging, and Sexually Transmitted Diseases
8. Problems of Eye and ENT
11. Diagnostic Medicine
12. Health & Wellness
13. Foundational Concepts in Family Medicine
14. Sexual Problems and Abuse
What our students say about us
Is this course recognized by MCI?
Medical Council of India does not recognize courses that are offered through online or blended learning platforms. In collaboration with leading industry experts, we provide you with the best state-of-the-art learning content with an endeavor to train you to become well-equipped and proficient in inpatient care through this course.
- Hands-on training means training in an environment that permits each student to have experience performing tasks, making decisions, or using equipment appropriate to the job assignment for which the training is being conducted. The student assigned for these programs will be observing all procedures performed by the consultant and depending on the student’s abilities and skill set displayed at the hospital, he/she will get to assist the consultant.
- How to access the course material online?
To access the course, click on http://kite.medvarsity.com/ using the login ID and password provided to you, or click on “LOG IN USING YOUR ACCOUNT ON Google” and enter your Email ID: Gmail ID (Only if Gmail ID mentioned in the Application) & Password. In case you don’t have access to log in ID and password, write to us at [email protected] & quote your registered email ID.
- What If I am unable to open/access the course?
Please access the below link AND follow the steps.
- Is the contact program mandatory for the completion of the course?
Any contact program provides a student with an opportunity to learn clinical hands-on techniques and skills that are helpful in the practice of the discipline.
- What if I am unable to attend the contact program on the scheduled dates?
You can attend the next scheduled contact program upon information and concurrence by your program coordinator.
- Can I choose the center where I wish to attend the contact program?
You will be required to attend the contact program at the nearest prescribed center where you are assigned. Shifting of Contact Program Center is not advisable because for each of such facilities Medvarsity has to assign a Mentor Specialist based on a number of students at the assigned Contact Program Center.
- Will there be arrangements for lodging and boarding provided for students during the Contact Program in case their contact center is out of the station from their hometown?
You will have to make your own arrangements for boarding and lodging. We can provide assistance in finding accommodation, but the expenses are to be borne by the student.
- Are the scheduled dates for the exams mandatory or not?
It is Optional, however, if you have to complete all Modules and final exams before the Course Expiry date you will receive your certificate on time.
- Session expired and it is showing as an unauthorized user?
If the page is left idle for more than 60 seconds session will expire automatically. Refresh the page periodically to avoid.
- If the session is expired, what to do?
It will start from the same question where the session expired.
- While you are attempting an exam, an error pops up and the exam is halted – the site will display as attempted (1)
Ignore the message as attempted – The attempt is only completed when it displays Finished (1).
- When will the final exam get activated?
If 1 month Course (1-week prior Course expiry).
If 3 Month Course (15 days before Course expiry).
If 6 Month Course (45 Days before Course Expiry).
If 1 Year Course (2 Months prior Course Expiry).
- What is the procedure if the Course is expired?
You have to pay a re-activation fee, for details Contact Toll-free 1800-103-6006 or write to [email protected]
- What if I don’t qualify in modules or the final exam?
You have to pay a Re-exam fee, for details Contact Toll-free 1800-103-6006 or write to [email protected]
- When will I get my certificate?
We have now gone online, once you successfully pass your final exam and below conditions are met:
- Contact program Completed (if Applicable).
- Viva to be cleared (if Applicable).
- Logbook / Project Submission (if applicable).
- Course duration to be complete.
- Necessary documents should be submitted in full.
- If the above credentials are fulfilled, your E-Certificate will be mailed to your registered E-Mail ID.
- Will I get the certificate before the course duration?
Even in case, you complete all the online modules and exams much before your course end date, the certificate can be made available only after the course duration is complete. In other words, invariable of how early you complete the course, the certificate shall be made available only when the course duration is over.
- Do you provide any placement assistance?
We do not provide any placement guarantee as an outcome of the course. On a case-to-case basis, we will introduce your profile to specific recruiting partners, but no job guarantee is provided.
- What if I have any concerns regarding the program delivery or what if I have any suggestions to improve the quality of the course?
For any feedback regarding the course, please write to us at [email protected]