Scope of AYUSH in India
AYUSH as a system gained popularity in India during the COVID -19 pandemic. AYUSH is an acronym for Ayurveda, Yoga & naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy, a consortium of indigenous systems of allied medical sciences. The pandemic brought about a necessity for a holistic health approach and preventive medicines with the least to no side effects.
India is one of the very few countries with a dedicated ministry, the Union ministry of AYUSH, for developing alternative medicine. There are also central research programs for R&D in this area.
What do AYUSH courses consist of?
The AYUSH courses are available as BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery), BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery), BUMS (Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery), BNYS (Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga Science) and BSMS (Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery). Apart from UG, one can also do PG or MD in all these AYUSH courses. One needs to appear for NEET UG to get into the UG AYUSH courses and AIAPGET to get into PG in AYUSH courses.
Scope of AYUSH in India :
During the COVID pandemic, various state governments recruited AYUSH physicians as front-line workers. The AYUSH physicians also played a crucial role in providing preventive medicine and later in vaccine administration.
Under the National Health Mission (NHM), AYUSH physicians get recruited each year to work in rural and tribal PHCs and CHCs.
AYUSH doctors also have government-backed research centers to encourage research and advancement in alternative medicine systems.
Currently, the AYUSH market globally stands at a whopping 10 billion dollars, and the government estimates that it may increase by another 50% in the coming years. There will be an increase in the pharmaceutical sectors, hospitals, and research centers for the AYUSH discipline.
India is the second largest exporter of alternative medicines. Hence, there is a scope for AYUSH doctors to become drug quality inspectors and also work in the R&D wing of such pharma companies.
Since AYUSH medicine has ancient roots, it’s a preferred choice of treatment for rural and many urban dwellers over modern medicine, especially for chronic conditions.
What are the career options for AYUSH doctors?
- AYUSH graduates, like MBBS graduates, can either set up their own practice or work as a consultant or duty doctors in a hospital.
- AYUSH graduates can also do post-graduation and research in their stream of medicine.
- AYUSH doctors are also recruited annually under NHM as medical officers in primary and community health centers.
- AYUSH doctors can also appear for UPSC exams held for AYUSH medical officer posts, preferably after post-graduation.
The central government also announces roles for graduate and postgraduate AYUSH doctors to work as junior and senior research fellows for the specific AYUSH stream.
AYUSH doctors can also work as public health physicians under various state government organizations and research in the public health sector after a postgraduate course in public health (MPH).
AYUSH doctors can also choose to work as healthcare administrators by choosing to do MBA in hospital management.
Why should AYUSH doctors do a fellowship and advanced certificate courses?
AYUSH doctors can take up a fellowship or certification course to gain case-based or practical knowledge for all the theories that one might have learned. Fellowship and certification courses help AYUSH doctors gain an in-depth understanding of a specific subject. These courses will help boost their confidence and put to practice their skills as a practitioner or primary health care provider.
- Improve patient care through diagnostic accuracy
- Handle critical and emergency conditions seamlessly
- Comprehensive workshops to harness complex clinical procedures
- Upskill to become a better primary care physician
- Acquire a practical approach to theoretical knowledge
Medvarsity courses for AYUSH doctors
Medvarsity is an ed-tech company aimed at helping medical professionals stay updated with the latest information in the medical field and gain practical knowledge. We offers advanced certificate and fellowship courses for medical professionals to help them upskill and excel in their practice and build a strong network with fellow practitioners.
There are various courses available for AYUSH practitioners that are as follows:
Advanced Certificate in Diabetes Mellitus:
- Case-based learning provides students with active learning opportunities
- Access to McGraw Hill (R)’s collection of books and videos
- Live virtual case discussions allow active learning
- Comprehensive coverage of advanced diabetes management
Advanced Certificate in Internal Medicine:
- The interactive case-based approach provides students with active learning opportunities
- Book and video access from McGraw Hill (R)
- Apply the principles of evidence-based medicine in making diagnostic and management decisions
- Key insights by the distinguished faculty and interactive elements will enhance the clinical perspective
Fellowship in Preventive Cardiology:
- Clinical training focused on cardiovascular risk factor assessment
- Certified by Medvarsity
- Training sessions by leading cardiologists
- The course is designed for evidence-based preventive cardiology practice
Advanced Certificate in Clinical Cardiology:
- Students are able to engage in active learning through the interactive case-based approach
- You can access books and videos from McGraw Hill (R)
- Teaches basic and advanced life support
- Comprehensively covers common cardiological conditions
Post Graduate Program in Infectious Diseases:
- Certified by UNSW, Australia
- Scheduled webinars by Global Faculty
- Exclusive program for MBBS
- Course developed by UNSW
Advanced Certificate in Critical Care Medicine:
- Active learning opportunities are provided by the interactive case-based approach
- McGraw Hill (R) books and videos
- Apply a systematic approach to airway management
- Understand the principles and functioning of various ICU devices
- Become confident to practice various procedural competencies needed in the ICU
Advanced Certificate Course in Gynecology and Obstetrics:
- In case-based learning, students participate actively in the learning process
- Gain access to books and videos from McGraw Hill (R)
- Enables you to administer primary care to a variety of gynecological problems
- Exclusive program in India for resident doctors who are willing to work in gynecology and obstetrics units
Advanced Certificate in Pediatrics:
- Learn accurate diagnosis and treatment planning of pediatric diseases and conditions
- Learn about providing comprehensive medical care to newborns, children, and adolescents
- Help you determine appropriate laboratory testing and interpret findings pertinent to children
- Two-day hands-on simulation workshop on pediatric advanced life support PALS certified by American Heart Association (AHA)
Advanced Certificate in Clinical Nutrition:
- Comprehensive coverage of nutrition in various systemic diseases
- Detailed case studies on patients allow real-time application
- Expert talks from KOLs give a practical view of nutrition
- Equips you to handle a nutritional unit
Masterclass in Hospital Administration:
- Certification by Medvarsity
- Training by industry experts
- Well-recognized course with over 3000 enrolments
How can the Medvarsity course help in your career growth?
Courses from Medvarsity are curated by top-ranking doctors in their respective fields. It will help AYUSH physicians become confident healthcare providers by gaining the practical knowledge needed to practice or work in a hospital.
Medvarsity’s courses help physicians gain a practical doctors approach to their theoretical knowledge. This self-paced course has a case-based approach to help bridge the knowledge gap a medical graduate might have. Fellowship & Advanced Certificate Courses for AYUSH doctors by Medvarsity can help you gain clinical skills to grow your career.
Medvarsity is Asia`s largest healthcare ed-tech company offering online and blended learning programs (Fellowship, Post-Graduate Programs, and Certificate courses) for healthcare professionals. In the last five years, we have positively impacted the careers of over five lakh healthcare professionals across 190 countries. Medvarsity.com is specially designed to offer online and blended learning courses across 20 medical specialties including healthcare management and healthcare quality.
Don't have an account?Sign Up here
Have an account?Log in here